Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's a Good Challenge

June 1, 2015

Dear Family,

Yeah, I can't believe how fast time goes, May went by like it was nothing. This transfer I will be in Jungni again, I'm so glad that I'm not transferring, I hate moving. Elder Koo left and went to Busan, and my new companion is Elder Mitchell. He is from Missouri, really likes UFC, and seems like a really good missionary. He is in his 4th transfer right now, so that means he went into the MTC last November. It's really scary not having a companion who knows Korean better than me, but kind of fun at the same time. It's a good challenge :)

Now that the Harry Potter party is over, it's been super nice to actually have time to think. And it was super lucky, because like three people called us and said that they have time to meet us last week. Normally people are just way too busy, so it was really cool that so many people in the same week could meet. We met with a recent convert who doesn't really like coming to church, and just ate chicken and hung out with him. We also met with an investigator at his house, his name is KJ, and he seems to have a lot of interest in the church, but he is really busy with his job. He works 24 hours at a time and then gets a 24 hour break. It's a really rough schedule, so it's really hard to meet with him. Hopefully we will be able to continue to meet in the future. For the Harry Potter party, no, it was just the Jungni missionaries that helped with it. 

Happy birthday tomorrow! You got my letter and didn't wait until your birthday to read it?  Wow, I expected you to be more patient :)  Anyway, I'm glad that it got to you on time, I send it kind of late.

Have a great week!  I'll try to send some pictures :)

Love,

Elder Hines

Elder Koo and the 'sorting hat'

District with Brother & Sister Kelly

Academy where the missionaries (try to) teach English

No comments:

Post a Comment