Monday, June 8, 2015

Bacon is a Gift

June 7, 2015

We haven't been able to meet with KJ again, he's been too busy. And actually we didn't meet with T either, he couldn't meet this week. Not too much happened this week. In English class, we are getting a song ready to perform with the students next week at a stake English class party thing. We are going to sing "You Raise Me Up," so it should be pretty fun.

Actually now that I think about it, the best thing that happened this week was inspiration we received in order to make this meal we had a couple days ago. We were going to make spaghetti, but we decided to make more than just normal spaghetti. We remembered that we had a little bit of bacon left in the freezer, so we added that to the sauce, as well as some fresh bell peppers that we fried with the bacon. And then our inner Korean came out and we decided to throw an egg on it for good luck (Koreans like to add eggs to everything for some reason). I'll have to send you a picture next week, it was probably one of the best things that has happened to me recently. If you ask why, bacon is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind, and is literally fairy dust, so it turns anything into a gourmet meal.

It's kind of weird, I heard about Elder Perry from one of the YSA members, but other than that I haven't heard anything at all. That quote is super interesting though, thanks for sharing!

Wow, Indian food sounds really good, but then when you said you had chicken it just reminded me how good Korean chicken is, so I'm not jealous anymore :)

Sorry I don't have much to talk about this week, things are kind of slow as far as missionary work.  I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment