Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Transferred!

March 9, 2015

Dear Family,

I got transferred.  Right now I'm in Dogye ward, which is in Changwon city.  It's really close to Tongyeong actually, so that's pretty cool.  My new companion is a Korean, Gim HyeonMo.  He is actually in the same group as me coming from the MTC to Busan, so both of us are only in our 5th transfer.  Our district is a bunch of super young missionaries.  My companion is the district leader, and we have two more missionaries living in the same house as us, Elder Quiroz (4th transfer) and Elder Powell (6th transfer).  Also in our district are the Mirang elders, Elder Porcaro (5th transfer), Elder Hoyne (6th transfer), and the sisters are Sister Kim GyuRi who is training, and her companion who is in her second transfer. 

You already got my letter?  That was really fast.  Yeah, I'm not learning very much Chinese, all I have actually memorized are the days of the week and a few others.  It's pretty cool though, huh?

We didn't answer the phone when that guy called, we can't use the phone after 10:20.  So that's part of the reason why it was so annoying, we just had to silence it and hope he didn't call again.  My "super cool alarm clock" has really annoying ring tones, and the phone is a lot easier anyway, so we just use that.

I got to do a musical number on Sunday.  I did A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief on the violin, and the lady on the front row in the white jacket accompanied me on piano.  She happened to have a violin at her house that she let me use.  It was pretty bad condition, but it worked.  We only had about an hour the previous day to prepare it. So considering the circumstances, it went really well.

My last week in Gimcheon was super amazing.  We had so many lessons.  For some reason people just kept calling us about meeting, which never happens.  I don't really have a lot of time to email today, so I can't go into too much detail about it.  On Sunday, since it was my last day in Gimcheon, the BP invited us over for dinner, and LH as well.  After dinner, the BP asked me to bear my testimony for everyone since it was the last time I would be there.  When I finished, LH motioned in a circle around the table, going toward him first, and promptly started bearing his testimony.  He is so amazing.  So because of that, we had a testimony meeting right there, and everyone took a turn.  The spirit was so strong, it was probably one of the best experiences I've had on my mission so far.  I miss Gimcheon so much right now.  But I've heard a lot of good things about Dogye so far.  There are apparently 70-90 members who come each week.  I'm sure that seems small to you, but that is huge to me, I'm interested to see what it's like this Sunday.

Sorry, this computer is weird so it's really hard to send pictures.  I'll try and send more later.

I love you!

Elder Hines


Gimcheon Branch
Gimcheon District

Jikjisa








No comments:

Post a Comment