Monday, November 24, 2014

Four Months

November 24, 2014

It's so weird that it's been four months already. It feels like it's gone by really fast, but at the same time feels like forever.  

Yeah, I use chopsticks all the time, forks are almost non-existent here. There were never very hard for me to use, but they're starting to feel pretty natural to me. I haven't had Korean BBQ, never even heard of it actually. I'll have to look into it :) Etiquette for bowing?  Well, when we greet people, we shake hands, and the most respectful way to do that is with your left hand touching your right arm and bowing as you shake hands. It probably sounds weird, but that's what everyone does here. For transportation, we walk as much as we can to save money, and take a bus if we need to get somewhere quickly. So lots of walking :)

This week I went on an exchange with Elder Jackson, one of the Zone Leaders. It was really fun, I had a great time. The best part was that he actually complemented my Korean ability. I haven't heard anything like that in a while, just because Elder Suter isn't that type of person, so the things he said were really motivating to me.

Last week a member bought us pizza for dinner, and it was from Dominoes, so I was pretty excited for something American. Then we opened the box and it was shrimp pizza . . . I really don't understand Koreans. It was actually pretty good, it just didn't feel like I was eating pizza, just some Korean seafood dish.  

Today for p-day we went to Changwon for an elders-only Thanksgiving p-day. It was really fun, we played football for a couple hours, and then went to a buffet for lunch. The buffet was really fun, and I ate some really weird things. Elder Jackson had me try a raw beef dish that he really likes. It was delicious, bright red and frozen in the middle. It actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but not good enough to eat it again. And then Elder Suter had me eat something called sunde, and wouldn't tell me what it was until after I ate it. It wasn't too bad, just tasted like sausage. Apparently it's pig intestine. Yum. Elder Suter said he thinks it's really good. It's more the thought of what it is that's gross though, not the taste.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'm starting to run out of things to talk about, if you haven't noticed.  

Have a great week, I love you!

Elder Hines

Elder Hines & district




No comments:

Post a Comment