Monday, August 17, 2015

Independence Day

August 17, 2015

Z actually came to church yesterday, it was pretty surprising. Earlier last week, Z called us and asked if he could meet with one of our church leaders to discuss a personal problem. So we had him meet with our old bishop, since he can speak English decently. So through this, they have become friends, and our old bishop invited him to church, so he came. It's amazing to see the difference between the effect of missionaries versus normal members on other people. I've definitely come to see the importance of member missionary work on my mission. There's only so much the missionaries can do.

This week was Korea's Independence Day, and there were a bunch of festivals in the downtown area of Daegu. Elder Mitchell and I happened to be riding the subway a little before one of these festivals since we didn't know that it was going on. I don't think I've ever seen so many people in my life. The subway was packed to the rafters, we were squeezed cheek to cheek, and there was an endless line going up the escalator of people waiting to get on. It was so crowded you could barely breathe.

Have I told you about B yet? The guy who works at the coffee shop? Well we met him again this week, gave him a Restoration pamphlet, and explained a little bit about it. He told us that he wants us to come by often, and that as soon as he has time he wants to come to church. He has a lot of interest, so it's really exciting. People like this don't come around very often :)

That's about it. This week is the last week of the transfer, and since I've been in the same area for three transfers, I will probably leave. Hopefully it's a good area and companion :)

Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment