Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Transfer and a Baptism

April 20, 2015

Dear Family,

Wow, I'm impressed with google translate, it actually made sense.

Well, I got transferred...again. I didn't expect it at all, but I guess President Barrow doesn't do what you expect. I was super sad to leave, I loved Dogye a lot. The members are super awesome, I really enjoyed serving with the other missionaries in that ward. Anyway, that doesn't matter anymore, now I am in Jungni Ward (중리), in the city of Daegu. My companion is Elder Koo YoungHyun, he is a year older than me, but I am one transfer older than him in the mission. He is really funny, and really good at English too. He says he doesn't know how he is good at English, since he has never been to an English-speaking country, his major is PE, and he didn't really study that hard in school. So it's kind of crazy, English is really hard for Koreans, so being good at it doesn't normally just happen. We also have two sisters serving in our area, and one of them was in the MTC with me. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to tell you about the new area, I just got here yesterday afternoon.

Oh, and yesterday at transfer meeting, Elder Payne told me that LH got baptized a couple weeks ago! So that was super awesome news. LH actually called me about an hour ago and talked for a little bit, and he is doing really well.

It sounds like Colton is his usual self. He only scared you a little? Were there any fatalities?

I came across a really cool scripture just the other day, it's D&C 88:67-68, you should read it. It talks about seeing God and stuff like that. I thought about that a lot, and there is a cross reference in the footnotes that helps a lot, it's to D&C 67:10, which talks about the veil being rent and being about to see God, but then says that it will be with spiritual mind. So what I got from this is that as we do the things it says, which is basically just keeping the commandments, we will be able to more fully discern the hand of the Lord in our lives. It reminds me of what Jesus said, that we can know of the truth of the gospel through living it.

Anyway, that's about all I can think of for this past week. Whenever I get transferred, I can't remember anything that went on the past week, it's like as soon as I get into the new area, I lose memory of the old area. Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Hines

District from last transfer: Elder Powell, Elder Hines, Elder Hoyne, Elder Gim,
Elder Porcaro, Sister Kim GyuRi, Sister Hoffman, and Elder Quiroz


Elder Suter with his two trainees: Elder Itri and Elder Hines

Elders Porcaro, Powell, Hines and Hoyne

No comments:

Post a Comment