Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Chinese New Year

February 16, 2015

Dear Family,

Actually, last week wasn't much better for meeting with our investigators. They were all still pretty busy, and this week will probably be the same. This week on February 18-20 is 설날 (Seolar), which is the Chinese New Year. It's one of the two major holidays that Koreans celebrate, and everyone is busy with their families during that time. For missionaries, it's just a good time for deep cleaning in our house, but we also got invited over to our mission leader's house on Thursday for lunch and games.

So last Saturday, we met this guy named LH. He has been an investigator for the past five years, and he is really good friends with everyone in the branch. He's basically a member, he came to church and participated more in Sunday School than any of the actual members did. He's super awesome, he was telling us about how he likes our church a lot, and when he is a member he wants to do all he can to help build it up. He wants Gimcheon to grow to over 60 people and need a new building. That would be amazing, because right now we are sitting at about 14-16 people who come each week.

I know hymn 9, but not 8. Yeah, Come Rejoice is a really good song. There's another hymn that I really like that I had never heard before I came to Korea, but I don't remember what it's called, if I remember I'll tell you. Koreans sing a lot of really obscure hymns, which is really nice, it changes things up. It's much better than singing the same three sacrament hymns like they do in the US. ;)

Oh, I got your letter, thank you so much!  Elder Payne says thank you for the bookmark, they are really cool.

Have a great week, I love you!

Elder Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment