Thursday, December 18, 2014

First Transfer!

December 15, 2014  

I got transferred to the city of Gimcheon, and my new companion is Elder Payne. We are whitewashing the area, which is pretty stressful. I assume you don't know what that is, so I'll explain. Normally when people transfer, one stays in the area and the other leaves. But for various reasons, usually if the area isn't doing very well, the president will take both missionaries out of the area. So Elder Payne and I don't know the area at all. Elder Suter and I whitewashed Tongyeong, so I guess I get two whitewashes in a row...fun. My companion has been in Korea for almost a year, he came to the MTC last year in November. He is from Oklahoma. I like him a lot, he's pretty funny, and seems like a really hard worker. Elder Suter stayed in Tongyeong, and is actually training again. He's just such a good trainer :)

I've heard a ton about Tie Guy. He's in Busan though, so I haven't had a chance to visit yet.  I can't wait though, it sounds like heaven on Earth :)

I got your package yesterday, thank you so much! I'll definitely put those delicious seasoning mixes to good use :) And Elder Payne got from his parents a paper Christmas tree to put on the wall, so our new house is going to be very festive with those window clings as well :)

I love you too!

Elder Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment