Sunday, May 8, 2016

Tracting Success!


May 8, 2016

Dear Family,

So Jinhae is pretty sweet, I'm really excited to serve here.  I don't know if I told you, but like a year and a half ago, when I was serving in Tongyeong, I was in the same zone, and since my companion was the DL, we did an exchange, and the way it ended up was I came to Jinhae with one of the zone leaders.  So I'd been to the house and church before, so it was weird coming back a year and a half later and actually living here.  It's a really sick area though, there's a lot going on.  The sisters had a baptism last transfer, and have two more scheduled for this transfer.  Then there are two elder teams, and the other team has a few baptismal dates too.  We have a couple investigators who are really cool and will probably get baptized fairly soon, and a ton of potential investigators.  It's weird, almost like people ignore us less here in Jinhae than in any of my other areas.

Actually there's a pretty cool story from last week.  Elder Aurich and I for some reason have had an unusually strong desire to go tracting (I think that's what they call it in English--when you go knocking on people's doors and try to get into their house.  It's generally the most-hated form of proselyting in this mission because Koreans are never open to listening to people at their door and just yell at you). So we go out, eventually find an apartment, and take the elevator to the top to work our way down.  I kid you not, we had only gone down three stories (so only knocked about five doors) when a guy answered and immediately invited us in.  It turns out he is friends with a member and knows a lot about the church, and a few weeks ago Elder Aurich and his last companion were invited by his member friend to give him a blessing for some medical problems he has.  The thing is, Elder Aurich had no idea that that was where he lived, but we just ended up at his door after only maybe three minutes of knocking doors.  We went in and talked for a little bit, found out that he knows a ton about the church.  He then took us to meet his mom who was outside talking to some of her friends.  It was just the perfect opportunity to introduce the church and talk to people who were actually open to being talked to.

Have a great week and a great Mother's Day!

Love,
Elder Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment