Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Zone Conference

May 17, 2015

We had Zone Conference this week, and we went to Busan this time because President Barrow wanted to do a hike with everyone. The theme of the conference was the Sacrament, and as we hiked up the "mountain" behind the mission home, we stopped every so often and had pre-assigned people talk about the sacrament. After the hike, we came back inside, listened to some more talks, and then President Barrow took us up to his office and showed us on the white board there where he had written out the sacrament prayers, and then analyzed them. It was really interesting to take a closer look at what they are saying, and to really ponder the meaning of them. I have come to realize how the Sacrament is just as important of an ordinance as any other, and if you have the right mindset, it can be just as powerful and spiritual as any temple ordinance.

Yesterday we met with T again, but this time we asked Elder Kelly to come with. Elder Kelly is a senior missionary serving in Suseong (other side of Daegu) as military relations. It was really helpful, because T has so many questions, and I'm not sure how to answer a lot of them. But Elder Kelly is a fountain of knowledge about the gospel, and cleared up a lot of confusion that T has. I think it had a big impact on T, because his demeanor changed about half way through. Instead of asking questions to try and contradict, his seemed to be asking more for understanding. And at the end, completely of his own free will, he told us that he thinks he should read the Book of Mormon more, and promised that whenever he reads the Bible, he will read the Book of Mormon for the same amount of time. Elder Kelly was such a big help, having him serving so close is such a blessing.

Basically all of our free time is spent preparing for the Harry Potter party this Saturday, so we haven't really done a lot of other stuff. As far as eating, I can't remember if I told you this already, but I made tacos, and my companion didn't want to help pay for the ingredients, so it's all to myself. So I made a bunch, and for meals I just pull it out of the fridge and make a taco real quick, it's so nice. There aren't a lot of Korean foods that make good leftovers, so it's nice to have leftovers again.

Why were you reading the white bible? Just for fun? You sound like a missionary, that's what we do for fun. And yes, that actually is mildly entertaining to me, believe it or not. Just because there's nothing else for entertainment that is actually fun. I think when I go home and play video games or other things like that, I might die from my heart rate getting too high.

Anyway, during language study, my companion just studies English. If you look in PMG, you are supposed to learn English in addition to the mission language.

The member going to Washington on his mission wants to eat chicken with me on my birthday. I think it took me maybe 0.07 seconds to agree...I timed it.

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment