Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Where is Your Wife?

January 11, 2015

My week has been pretty good. Lots of traveling. We had a zone meeting in Daegu, which was pretty fun, especially since I got to see Elder Trentman and talk to him. I went on an exchange with the district leader, Elder Jung No Young, who happens to be Elder Suter's trainer. So that was pretty cool. It was fun because it was a good test of my Korean abilities . . . pretty much a fail. That was the longest I have been with a Korean, he is decent at English, but is really shy about speaking it, so I tried to use Korean as much as possible. It was maybe half and half that we spoke--pretty fun. :)

District p day was pretty fun, we actually went bowling again, and had pig intestines for lunch. Other than that, not much else happened. What have I loved most so far? Good question, I haven't really thought about that. I could try and be spiritual, but I'm just going to be honest. Probably when I can understand what someone is saying to me, and I am able to respond. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, I love it quite a bit :)

I haven't heard about the new missions, that's really cool. So there is going to be a Logan Utah mission now?

Zone Meeting was pretty good, we just listened to talks and stuff. What do you want to know about President Barrow? He is really unselfish and always doing things for our benefit, which is super cool. He reminds me a little bit of President Cook, maybe that will give you an idea of what he's like.

So when I was on exchange, this super old lady stopped us and started talking about how handsome I was (that's completely normal, they think all white people are really handsome, it has nothing to do with how I actually look) and it was really funny because she asked me where my wife was. I said that I don't have one, and she was like, "yes you do!" Elder Jung gave her a pamphlet about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and then she started talking about how I look like Jesus. It was hilarious :)

Not a lot has been happening; we still don't have any investigators. We have one person who might become an investigator, she used to live in Andong, but moved here, and she was meeting with the missionaries before she moved. Since we can't meet her by ourselves, we met her with the Sisters from Andong, and we talked a little bit about Christ's ministry and baptism. It was really cool, because when we talked about how we can have our sins washed away through baptism, she got really excited and said she wants that a lot. That was the first time I have ever heard something like that from a Korean. So she has a lot of potential, hopefully everything works out well.

Have a great week, I love you!


Elder Hines

Elder Hines and Elder Jung No Young



No comments:

Post a Comment